Fleas are one of the worst insects that could have infested your home. They feed from warm-blooded animals, usually pets such as dogs and cats. However, they are also well known for feeding on the blood of humans.
It’s essential to get control of a property infested by fleas fast. The first point of call for most people is DIY products like Frontline, but over the years, we’ve seen a decline in the effectiveness of these products. With that in mind, using a professional pest control company is the only surefire way to deal with fleas.
Flytech Pest Control provides flea extermination services across Belfast and Lisburn. Our BPCA-qualified technicians have access to professional-grade insecticides unavailable to the public, allowing for a 100% guaranteed treatment every time.
To organise your flea pest control treatment, call us at 07955 008274.
5* Flea Control Treatments Belfast & Lisburn 07955 008274
How to identify a flea infestation
Fleas undergo a complete metamorphosis, compromising eggs, larvae, pupa and adults. Surprisingly, adults comprise less than 5% of an active flea infestation, meaning a few adult fleas are likely only a glimpse of the problem.
- Sightings: Seeing adult fleas is one definite indicator that you have a flea infestation. They are around 1.5mm long, brown and vertically flat to allow them to travel through their host’s hair.
- Pet scratching: If your pets have started keeping you up all night long with scratching, it’s worth running a comb through their hair to see if you can notice fleas. You’ll want to look for adult fleas in their fur or groups of black dots which resemble flea faeces.
- Red spots: As fleas feed from the blood of warm-blooded mammals, you’ll likely notice bites on you or your pet’s body. They are typically located on your legs and look similar to mosquito or bed bug bites.
- Inspection: The final step to identifying if you have a flea problem is to inspect common resting areas your pets use. Carpets, beds and blankets are all common areas that become infested. Again, look for adult fleas or groups of black dots.
If you think you have a flea infestation on your property, please call Flytech at 07955 008274. We’re experts in permanently getting rid of flea infestations and understand the preparation and treatment needed to exterminate all flea life stages.
Preparing for a flea treatment
To guarantee the removal of fleas from your home, there are some essential steps you’ll need to follow before, during and after our treatment. We’ll provide a preparation checklist after you schedule your treatment (07955 008274), but here are some things you’ll have to do:
- You may have already tried over-the-counter flea treatment products for your pet that have not worked. If this is the case, speak to your assigned pest control technician for recommendations for flea control products. Often, vet-recommended products like Frontline and Fipronil don’t work.
- Before our technician visits your home, we’ll require you to prepare the inside for an insecticide treatment. This includes washing any infested clothing or bedding at a high temperature. Also, hoovering your home and disposing of the hoover bag after.
- Next, we’ll undergo a professional flea control treatment at your home. We recommend two visits to ensure 100% removal of all flea life stages. On the first visit, we’ll treat your home with a powerful knock-down insecticide and on the second, we’ll use an insect growth regulator to ensure a future infestation is less likely to appear.